#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
southern accent

View previous topic :: View next topic  
keturahhro

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 7:32 pm    Post subject: southern accent Reply with quote

im not from the south nor is anyone in my family or generations back, but if you stick me next to a person w/ a southern drawl i will talk like them. i was doing this play and this one line i keep saying in a drawl, my castmates were like your not southern, im like i know i cant help it. i even talk that way normally sometimes, it just comes out.
Holly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I was born in Texas, but live in St. Louis, Missouri and after all these years I still have my accent.

*~*Little Miss Hard to Handle*~*

*~* Where ya been boy, I've been waitin' on you*~*

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tonichelle

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Alaska and I know the meaning... we don't have our "own" accent so those of us born here pick up on whatever accent we're around and we talk like that. LOL If that makes sense

Change Happens :: Faith Continues
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cindy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
lol I was born in Texas, but live in St. Louis, Missouri and after all these years I still have my accent.

You haven't exactly left the south, which would explain why you still have your accent...

But yeah, I've lived in North Carolina for 10 years (I was born in California) and I don't have an accent, although sometimes that southern drawl will slip in out of nowhere. The same goes for all of my family members. It's pretty funny.
kt girl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an accent. I'm from Louisiana. Been here for almost 17 years. Tho, most people say I sound like I'm from Alabama. I act, too, and and when I did my last play, we did a spoof of the Wizard of Oz and my character was The Wicked Witch of the North... I tried to do my northern voice and it sounded ghetto. So, we changed me to be "Ghetto Witch." not really, but we tried. i forgot the point of what i was posting...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AshleyMiranda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2023 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sometimes pick up ppl's accents hehehe

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2023 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i want the accent!!
its soooo cool!
Holly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2023 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I go back and visit relatives in Texas and it always gets deeper, cuz of being around them.

*~*Little Miss Hard to Handle*~*

*~* Where ya been boy, I've been waitin' on you*~*

kt girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2023 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pick up accents when i sing.
IloveJosh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm from western NC - lived here all my life... my cousin in Maryland makes fun of my accent.... I kind of like it...

I have a friend from TN (he was born in KY) and he doesn't sound Southern - especially when he sings!
Country01

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2023 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup! I have the same problem! I'm not from the south and neither is my family. But sometimes if you put me with a person who is from the south I'll start to talk like them! Everyone says I sound from the south when I'm on the phone. Also my friends will get on me when I talk like I'm from the south. They'll come up to me and be like "You sound like your from Texas" and I don't even try to do it, it just happens! In our last play we did I was a teacher. The play was Tom Sawyer and the setting was Missouri so everyone had to have a southern accent and my teach told me I had one of the best accents. Sometimes, after play practice I would come home and talk like I'm from the south because practices where 2 hours long and I just used to talking like I'm from the south! It's kinda fun though! When I'm old enough to move out, I want to move down south!
melinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2023 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an accent to. people at school think its funny. Someone said I sound like Dale JR. But just a girl's voice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tiffani_4402

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2023 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was born and raised in Northern Illinois andstill live there and i speak w/ a southern accent every now and then and when i was little i sounded like i had been raised in Arkansas or something like that... it's strange..
Musicluvr

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2023 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Missouri...I don't think I have an accent...but my friends that live in other placs say they can till I'm from Missouri.

My mom says I sometimes have a northen sound to my voice.
rox

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that problem sometimes it just comes out and I'm not from the south eather but my mom use to live there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: