#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
1004 miles and 2 concerts later!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinmirage1973
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: 1004 miles and 2 concerts later!! Reply with quote

Okay all, I just traveled a total of 1004 miles total to see Josh in concert twice and what can I say?!?! IT was ALL WORTH the Travel!! (WARNING: This will be long! It's covering 2 concerts after all!)

I have traveled alot to see Josh the 6 times I've seen him...traveled to Oceanside, California (about a 7 hour drive) back in May to see him for the first time, got lucky enough to get in on a private luncheon back in June in Phoenix (this is only about 1 1/2 hour drive), went back east to Ohio (flew there) and planned my visit around 2 concerts one in Fremont, MI (about a 4 hour drive from Toledo, Ohio where I was staying that Tobi was nice enough to drive with me after her long drive!) and one in Monroe, MI (about 1 hour drive from Toledo and Missy got the pleasure of riding with me on that one!) and now this past weekend....boy did I travel!!! Brad and I left Friday at 2 am and traveled through the night about 7 hours to get to New Mexico. We got there and just spent Friday hanging out and then Saturday we went to the fair where Josh was performing at. We got there early and walked the fair and saw Josh and crew pull in and said our hi's type thing. At 5:30 I was suppose to have a meet and greet but there were confusions and myself and a few others were misformed on the meet and greet. So in orders to help to try to straighten it out, I went and tried to find John and/or Doc or someone. Luckily Brad found John and told John and he called Doc over and I told them about the email and misunderstanding so they were kind enough to go with me to explain it to the others!! They are so great!! So we went into the rodeo....at 8:30 I got to go to the meet and greet...I went in order to give Josh the scrapbook. Josh is so sweet, he regonized me once again and gave me a big hug! I gave him the scrapbook and as always he was very thankful for it!! (Oh and on a side note, earlier in the day when I had seen him for a quick moment he was wearing the AZ shirt I had given to him back in May...so I thought that was cool!!!) Anyway, so we took our pix with Josh and had him sign the pix I had of Josh with Ashley and thanked him again for taking the time to meet her. We talked to John and Doc a bit then headed out to see them on stage. Josh and crew wanted people to come down on the grounds by the stage for the concert...I was thrilled by this, although I had decent seats the way it was set up still made it difficult to see. So Brad and I rushed down to the grounds and were pretty much right up front...I just had one person in front of me. The concert was GREAT!!! These guys just get better and better and are so funny on stage!! They really like to pick on each other and some fans too, LOL. They are just so great together and with the fans!! They really do make new fans everywhere they go!!

So after a wonderful concert, I hung at the fair for a bit and told them all goodbye and that I would see them the next day. So we pretty much followed them overnight from New Mexico back to Tempe, Arizona (Tempe is about 1 hour from where I live!) So Brad drove the whole night and we got to Tempe and checked into our hotel and took a nap!!! We woke up and went and wasted some time at the mall and then went to find the venue for the concert, we saw the guys and said our hi's, etc. There was a huge line to get in, but I was very very lucky to get right up front center stage!! Once again, the guys rocked!! They had the crowd really going!!! I really truly love these guys and respect them all!!! They are so great and every time I see them they just get greater and greater!!! What else can I say that I haven't really said before?!?! I am just so thankful and blessed to have the chances I've had to see them and meet them and get to know them a little!!

Well anyway, 2 GREAT concerts later and alot of miles and traveling and being very tired....it was all very much worth it and I had a wonderful weekend!!! As soon as I can get my pix devolped I'll share some with you all!!!

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2

Last edited by dolphinmirage1973 on Tue Sep 27, 2023 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralph

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

becky thats awesome
glad u got to meet josh agaIN!
ur such a lucky gaL!

Garth Brooks is DAMN SEXY lol
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
miss731

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a trip!!!!! :lol: So glad you had fun Becky!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great trip, becky!! glad you guys had a great time!!
See the Logo on the left? It's my new wrist tattoo!
Jadesmom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Review Becky!

So happy to hear that Doc was able to straighten out the Meet and Greet for you and that you and Brad had a great time at the show!
tenmoneys

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.. that's just really awesome!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky -

I just want to tell you that I love reading your stories haha They're always so neat! Glad you had a great time!

- Jennifer

dolphinmirage1973
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all!! I had a blast, I always do with them!! I really truly love these guys and respect them!! Josh is so cool and such a great entertainer.
The crew: John, Kevin, Mike, Doc, Ben, Mark, Bob, Al and Jason are just the greatest. I also want to say that I know the forum mainly talks about John, Kevin and Mike....these guys are great and I love them and they deserve the attention...BUT so do the rest of the guys!! I got to talk to Jason a bit more this weekend and he's just the sweetest guy and my best goes out to him and his wife and 2 kids. Brad, myself and Jason just really got to talk about family life, etc....it's just so cool to just talk to him!
Al, oh my goodness, LOL, Al is so funny and so nice!!! I did something that I really never do and asked Al for a favor this weekend---my daughter Ashley as you all know can't go to the concerts cause of her sensitive hearing...well back in July they were all nice enough to sign her dolphin stuffed animal and then in Aug they were all nice enough to take the time to meet her before the show...well this time I asked Al if I could get drumsticks to take back for Ashley. He was so sweet and gave me 2 drumsticks to bring home for her!! Let me tell you, I gave those drumsticks to Ashley and she's been acting like she's been playing the drums ever since....she even said that she wants drums now!! Hmm, I maybe in trouble now, LOL. So thanks Al!!!
Mark is also so sweet, he's always got a hug for me too and is so nice!! So is Doc and Bob!!
These guys are just so great!!! I can't wait till I get to see them all again!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wicowgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review Becky!! Glad you had such a great time!! I'm glad Josh liked the scrapbook too!! Funny! You have a little drummer on your hands! :lol:
dolphinmirage1973
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wicowgirl wrote:
Great review Becky!! Glad you had such a great time!! I'm glad Josh liked the scrapbook too!! Funny! You have a little drummer on your hands! :lol:

LOL, Becky---yea I think I do have a little drummer on my hands!! Haha, she just adores the whole Josh thing, I mean she is just so thankful for what they have done for her....Josh is one of her favorite singers and she use to watch him on AI and chant "Josh, Josh, Josh"...so to her this is just the coolest thing.

I mean it's really cool for me and Brad too. I've never really meet anyone famous before and to get to not only meet Josh but to see him all these times and have him know who I am, it's just very cool. The greatest part is the fact that him and everyone else are just totally so nice to me!!!

Anyway, Josh did like the scrapbook and so did the rest of the crew...they all took the time to look at it!

wicowgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww.. wish I could have been there.. I would love to know what they thought of my pages.. and everyone elses? Did you take pictures of all the pages. I know Tobi posted hers but I would love to see everyones. If not.. I understand... you have been TOO busy! Thanks for eveything you do!
triskylove

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't do much posting, just reading, but I have to say that first of all your re-enacting all the fun you had is awesome! Great stories. And second of all, Josh is lucky to have such a devoted fan. That is a lot of miles you logged! The entire band is lucky to have you care as much as you do... along with many others on here who care about the band and their lives. Impressive people on this forum.
Jadesmom

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky,

Becky N told me she took pictures of the entire scrapbook before she gave it to Josh, and she also mentioned that she will post the pics in here as soon as they are developed!! (:waits patiently as she taps fingers on the table.. lol)

I cannot WAIT to see everyone's pages- I actually updated the ones I posted in here before I sent the to Becky, so I am really anxious too to see the whole scrapbook!!

I was so upset that I didn't finish all of my pages in time to send them to Becky, so I am actually going to be taking a few more pages with me to the show on Thursday for Josh to add to the scrapbook. I will take pictures of those pages and post them after Becky has her's posted!!

Have a great day,
Tobi
dolphinmirage1973
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

triskylove wrote:
I don't do much posting, just reading, but I have to say that first of all your re-enacting all the fun you had is awesome! Great stories. And second of all, Josh is lucky to have such a devoted fan. That is a lot of miles you logged! The entire band is lucky to have you care as much as you do... along with many others on here who care about the band and their lives. Impressive people on this forum.

Oh that's very sweet of you to say!! Thanks so much!! And I do agree there are some very impressive people on this forum!!

Becky~ I did take pix of the scrapbook, so once I get all my film in I'll post everything when I get them back!!!

wicowgirl

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2023 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool!! Thanks Tobi and Becky!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: