#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
SHOW SUGGESTION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> Music Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 9:24 am    Post subject: SHOW SUGGESTION Reply with quote

Just in case Josh or any of his"people" follow the forum and happen to see this I figure it can't hurt to ask for West Coast performances...

I'm a Navy wife and my husband is stationed at the submarine base in (Point Loma) San Diego... not too terribly far from Camp Pendleton. I know a large number of us military folk in San Diego took a particular interest in Josh when he was a contestant on American Idol and considered him one of our own. After all, he was one of our own... San Diego has one of the largest military populations in the country, mostly Navy and Marines. Since military families often have few, if any, extended family living near them they tend to form a second family - their military family. Perhaps the reason I'm so pleased and interested in Josh's success (both for him as well as for his family) is because though we'll never meet, we're all distant relatives in that military family and so his accomplishments seem a reflection on the rest of us. It's also wonderful to see his talent realized and recognized.

Anyway, my suggestion is that a performance or performances be scheduled in the San Diego area. It would be particularly nice if it was on base. My daughters and I would be first in line for tickets! Maybe even a tour of military bases across the country...

Off subject a bit, I wonder if parts of the "I Want to Live" video were filmed on the other side of Highway I-5 near Camp Pendleton... I'd swear I recognize those mountains in the background of the video shoot photos... Does anyone know?
tenmoneys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! I think Josh would really appreciate what you said!

I'm pretty sure "I Want to Live" was filmed there, or somewhere in California. I have a behind the scenes segment recorded from the TV Guide channel, they might of said something in that. Maybe I can find it.

About San Diego, he is supposedly going there on May 14th. You might want to check ticket sites often, unless its a radio show then it might not get listed.

cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the compliment! You're right about May 14... after I posted that I went to the record label's website and they listed May 14 in San Diego but no venue. I don't know if that means it's just not set up yet or if it's just a radio thing. It did list a local station so I emailed them... Hopefully I'll hear back from them.

If you find out for sure about the location, I'd be curious to know for certain but I'm pretty sure it was filmed right across the highway from Camp Pendleton. Maybe it was up or down the coast a bit rather than directly across but I'm pretty sure it's right in that general area. Camp Pendleton's pretty big. There's the ocean, the highway and then the base is right on the other side of I-5. It's a pretty drive, especially near sunset, and is between San Diego and LA, though much closer to SD.
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I'm too hoping that his May 14th concert in San Diego works out (I'll be there on vacation so I'd love to see him!!) I'm hoping he does some more west coast concerts soon too---so far no AZ dates and that is where I'm at and I know others here that would love to see him too! Very Happy

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2

Be sure to check out 2 new projects we are doing for Josh!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
tenmoneys

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I really hope you get to see him while your there! Very Happy
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenmoneys wrote:
Ooh, I really hope you get to see him while your there! Very Happy

thanks, I do too!!! I still wish he'd do some AZ dates though!!! Wink

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey there... I emailed the radio station and asked... they responded that the May 14 date listed for San Diego WILL be a concert, not just an on-air radio station visit. No more info at this point but the tour dates listing at http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/LyricStreet/ (click on the tour info tab) lists KSON under "special info." The station's website is www.kson.com but there's nothing on their site yet. I'll be checking frequently and will post anything when I hear it if it hasn't already been posted.

Becky: I hope you enjoy your vacation in San Diego... it's beautiful here, ins't it?! Who knows, maybe we might actually run into each other at the concert, though we wouldn't know it. I'm a Beckie too, by the way. Smile
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cvtbeckie wrote:
Hey there... I emailed the radio station and asked... they responded that the May 14 date listed for San Diego WILL be a concert, not just an on-air radio station visit. No more info at this point but the tour dates listing at http://hollywoodrecords.go.com/LyricStreet/ (click on the tour info tab) lists KSON under "special info." The station's website is www.kson.com but there's nothing on their site yet. I'll be checking frequently and will post anything when I hear it if it hasn't already been posted.

Becky: I hope you enjoy your vacation in San Diego... it's beautiful here, ins't it?! Who knows, maybe we might actually run into each other at the concert, though we wouldn't know it. I'm a Beckie too, by the way. Smile

Beckie, thanks for the info---I really plan on attending this---so lets hope it all works out, please keep me posted!! I'd love to meet up with you at the concert...also looking to meet Susan (aka neighborfan on the forum.) Would be great to meet some of the forum family!! Here's hoping that I can get tickets!! Very Happy

cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2023 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky,

How sweet of you... it would be neat to meet you if we are both able to get tickets. My hubby will probably be at sea so it'll most likely just be me and my girls (provided it doesn't end up being in a 21 and up venue, in which case it would most likely just be me). Seems he's gone all the time lately. (Can you tell I'm having an "I don't like the Navy much" day? Razz Oh heck, I might as well be honest, I'm having an "I hate the Navy" day! Hahaha!!) Plus it would be fun to make a new friend with a common interest!

I just clicked over to your fan site... it's really cool. How do you know where to send your projects?
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2023 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cvtbeckie wrote:
Becky,

How sweet of you... it would be neat to meet you if we are both able to get tickets. My hubby will probably be at sea so it'll most likely just be me and my girls (provided it doesn't end up being in a 21 and up venue, in which case it would most likely just be me). Seems he's gone all the time lately. (Can you tell I'm having an "I don't like the Navy much" day? Razz Oh heck, I might as well be honest, I'm having an "I hate the Navy" day! Hahaha!!) Plus it would be fun to make a new friend with a common interest!

I just clicked over to your fan site... it's really cool. How do you know where to send your projects?

Beckie, I'm sure it is hard having your hubby away alot...my ex was Army and he was gone alot too! How old are your girls? I have a 5 year old daughter.
If we both get tickets then WE will meet up---you, me and Susan will defintaly have to hook up before or after the concert. (And anyone else from the forum who goes!)
Thanks for checking out my website! As for the projects, I have Gene (Josh's road managers) address, so I forward things to him and he gives them to Josh for all of us. Josh has recieved a birthday book full of fan letters and Christmas ornaments from projects the fans have done that they ship to me and then I forward them on. (there's pics of that stuff on my site too.)
Well hopefully we'll find out soon about the concert info, I hope with me being in AZ that I'll find out soon enough and be able to get good seats or what have you!

cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky:

That would be great! My older daughter is 8 1/2 and the baby will be 1 on Sunday. I'd get a sitter for the baby if not for both of them.

Yep, sometimes being married to the miltary stinks. I'm so proud of my hubby but moving all the time stinks... We've moved 4 times in the last 5 years alone. A couple of those moves were in the San Diego area when he switched from one base to another farther away. We moved to and from Washington state in that time too though when his sub went into a shipyard there. It stinks because if you don't move your friends do. Then there's always so much drama amongst the wives... It's enough to make you weant to bury your head in the sand at times but we've got a little over 9 years left... Still, I can't imagine what being an Army wife would be like... at least I don't have to worry about Dan being deployed somewhere that he might be shot at... That must have been tough.

Hope to see you at the concert... I'll keep watching for more info and post it when I hear anything...
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2023 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beckie, that'd be great if you can keep me posted. Susan is going to do the same so between the 3 of us hopefully we'll get this concert thing under control and meet up!!!

I do have to say that I understand what you're saying about miltary life...being an Army wife was tough (That's not why we divorced though---other reasons behind that one!) He got shipped to Somalia during the "Black Hawk Down" time period, so that was really hard to deal with. I admire our men and women in the miltary and there families for all they give up to keep our country safe! If you ever need a friend to talk to feel free to email me!!! Would love to chat with ya! Very Happy

neighborfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky 1 and Becky 2!! you guys are so cute!! I look forward to meeting BOTH of you on May 14 in San Diego. I have lots of e-mails and calls in to KSON and they promised to let me (the general public, I'm sure) know when tickets go on sale. I also have a ticketmaster alert when they go on sale. Hopefully we can get together and have a pow wow with Josh, AnnMarie, John, etc. in San Diego. I can't wait!!

I was a Marine wife years ago, too but we were lucky. Mike was stationed at Pendleton the whole time we were married. My son was born there!!

cvtbeckie � Josh lived next door to me in Vista before he moved to Nashville!! We weren't buds or anything, but we did chat occasionally. Did you get to see him in Temecula last October?? Military families got in free.

ONLY TWO MORE MONTHS!!! Laughing
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan: YES it's not that far away! I'm hoping I won't have problems getting tickets (but I'm sure you got my back and I love you for that!!!)
I look forward to meeting you and Beckie too, it should be a blast!! Very Happy

cvtbeckie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2023 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Becky and Susan,

You guys are awesome, I can't wait to meet you both.

No, I haven't seen him perform at all, didn't know he was in Temecula or I would have gone. If I'd been able to get a babysitter, that is. We had just gottn back to SD after almost 2 years in Washington State - loved it there.

Just FYI - I was just at the CMT.com website and under their list of top artists, Josh is #24 - above the Dixie Chicks (#31), Randy Travis (#34), Brooks & Dunn (#36), and GARTH BROOKS (#38 )!!! Those are some PRETTY HUGE names!

http://www.cmt.com/interact/charts/top_artists.jhtml

His CD is #21 on the list of the top 100 albums, again above some really big names...

http://www.cmt.com/interact/charts/top_albums.jhtml

He's on the front page of CMT.com "artists" section too,on the right under featured photos.

http://www.cmt.com/artists/

Have a great day guys! I can't wait until May. Becky I'm sure I'll take you up on your email offer when I've got a bit more time... Susan, how awesome to have been neighbors... I've often wondered what his wife was like. As a military wife myself... Still can't imagine what it must be like to be a Marine wife... you guys have (had) it tough. Navy's hard enough without having to worry about bullets. Of course, Dan's on a sub so I get to worry about crush depth, fires or like the San Francisco recently, underwater mountains.... Adn these are concerns all the time. SO i guess every branch has it's own worries. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: