#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
How to add an avatar and/or signature.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cindy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2023 4:25 pm    Post subject: How to add an avatar and/or signature. Reply with quote

If you're looking to add an image to your signature or if you'd like to put up your avatar, the first thing you'll have to do is find webspace. There are plenty of websites online that allow you to upload pictures for free and allow you to use the links on a message board or elsewhere. My recommendation would be to use Photobucket. (If you know of any similar sites feel free to let me know).

Once you've created an account at Photobucket or a similar photo storage site, upload your avatar or signature. What's great about Photobucket is that they provide the message board coding with the URL below the photo after you've uploaded it. So instead of typing in the image tags, you can simply copy the entire thing from Photobucket and paste it directly into your signature box.

Where's the signature box?
Click Profile and scroll down until you see the Signature field. Remember, HTML is turned off on this board so you must use BBcode. As I said before, Photobucket provides the BBcode for adding images to a forum like this one, so you can simply copy and paste.

Now, for avatars you won't need to use BBcode. You can copy and paste the URL itself and again click Profile, scroll all the way down to the bottom where it says Avatar Control Panel and paste the URL into the "Link to off-site Avatar" field.

Size & Page Loading Time
So far it seems everyone is doing well with keeping their avatars and signature images to a decent size, but just in case -- please keep in mind that while most of us are on highspeed DSL or Cable, there are still users who may be on dial-up (56k modems). For that reason, please try to keep your avatars and signature images to a relatively decent size, and please be aware that large .gifs (animations) can slow down loading time considerably, even for those of us on high speed connections. But as I said, so far everyone is doing great with that, so thank you!

If you need anymore help or have any questions, please don't hesitate to PM me or reply to this thread. I will make this a Sticky and keep it open for discussion so you can 1) ask for any further help, 2) recommend other photo storage sites or 3) ask a fellow member to create graphics/avatars for you.

Cindy
Forum Moderator
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Tiffani_4402

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2023 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so how do u get the images in ur signature exatctly i've tried what it said on the site and i'm still confused...
Cindy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2023 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before the URL put [IMG] and at the end of it, put [/IMG]
Tiffani_4402

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanx
Laughing
GracinGurl48135

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To upload my pictures, I just make a new page on geocities.com or hometown.aol.com and put them all on one page

like here -CLICK- or here -CLICK-

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
keturahhro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hows mine for size
<-----
Cindy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2023 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keturahhro wrote:
hows mine for size
<-----

It's fine. Smile
Country01

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still very confused with the whole photobucket thing! I typle in josh Gracin for an album and it says invalid album! Can you please help me! thanks!
Cindy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2023 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Country01 wrote:
I'm still very confused with the whole photobucket thing! I typle in josh Gracin for an album and it says invalid album! Can you please help me! thanks!

Did you register at photobucket for an account?
Country01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2023 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes
Cindy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2023 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, when you go to photobucket.com you need to go to Login and put in your information.
Country01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2023 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did
Country01

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2023 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it to work!!!!!!!!!!
Cindy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2023 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The size might be a bit big as it seems to reformat the thread quite a bit.
gracin_girl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject: Help! I'm lost!!! Reply with quote

Getting an avatar so far has almost been more difficult than Algebra 2!!! I have tried Photobucket with no luck & I really do need help! I go to Photobucket & login, then it just says that I can creat an album or Browse albums, but I'm not coming up with anything! PLEASE HELP!!! Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: