#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
I saw Josh at "Howl At The Moon"!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dancinash84

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2022 3:10 am    Post subject: I saw Josh at "Howl At The Moon"!! Reply with quote

Hey everyone!! I just saw Josh in concert here in Cleveland on November 4th! The concert was held at the "Howl At the Moon"... and it was great. I was so excited to hear that Josh was the November artist for our monthly "High Noon Saloon" concert! I had no idea how to get tickets or anything... but... just listen to my luck- you won't believe it. The concert started at noon on 11/4... and the show was free with first-come, first-serve seating. So I told my sister we were getting there early just incase! And sure enough... we get there at 10:45am (the doors didn't even open till 11:30), and there was a line formed at the door!! So I was a little bummed at first, but I tried to stay optomistic about it! It was so cool though- while we were waiting in line... you got to faintly hear some of Josh's sound check. It was an acoustic show, so it was just Josh, and John Mason his guitar player... and it was incredible. So finally around 11:45... they started letting people in to get seated. You couldn't just pick your own seat- you had to be placed at a table by someone... so by the time it got to us, they were already seating people pretty far back. The 2 ladies in front of us got the last 2 seats in the back section- so I pretty much figured we'd get the 'standing room only' section. Then out of nowhere... the seater tells me and my sister, "ok- you girls can take those 2 seats up front." And I couldn't believe it!! There were 2 open seats in the VERY front. There was no one in front of me at all... I was SO close!! What are the odds of that?! So then... when they introduced Josh and he came out.... I had to move my leg so he could walk by to get on stage!! Thats how close I was. The actual show was great in my opinion- he played 8 (or 9) out of the 11 songs on his album, plus TONS of requests from the audience. He played the guitar for a few songs, like: "I'm Movin' On" and "I Melt". He sang those songs in both his "Josh voice" and his "Gary voice"... (he sounded exactly like Gary from Rascal Flatts.. it was kinda cool!) He did a couple 'question and answer' sessions with the audience too.. you felt like you really got to know him while he was performing. John Mason and Josh were cracking jokes during the whole show- I've never laughed so hard at a concert in all my life- it was awesome! They were rippin on eachother... and just having a great time on stage. Then towards the end... Josh took one final request: "Friends In Low Places"... and then he said he had to go. But he was having so much fun, that after his "final song"- he'd say, "ok guys- we'll do 2 more, then I gotta get going"... then after that he'd say, "ok cool- we'll do that one, then we'll get to autographs" lol. It was so funny!! He finally had to be told (by someone who looked important- lol) that he really did need to stop for whatever reason! He performed the longest concert in 'High Noon Saloon' history. So, as Josh was walking off stage.. I thought I would be brave and wave to him as he passed me. So sure enough, he walked by and I looked up at him and waved (he was only about 2-3 ft away, it was kind of a tight sqeeze)... and then my sister says, "ASHLEY!! Did you see that??" I said, "See what??" She goes, "Ashley.. Josh just winked at you." lol.. I was like "Yeah... mmm hmm... yeah right." She goes, "No I'm serious!! After you waved to him, he winked at you- then he was gonna shake your hand but you weren't looking!!" I couldn't believe I missed it!! (then again I can't believe he winked at me either!!) So after that, Josh sat down and signed autographs until everyone got one. Since my sister and I were the 3rd to the last group in line... we started talking to Josh's guitar player, John Mason. He is so funny- and laid back. My sister asked him if they 'needed a drummer' because she was interested. lol. When we finally got up to Josh- we took pictures, and got our stuff signed... then John said.. "Hey Josh... this girl here wants to take our drummer's spot!!" and Josh said, "haha- well hey, I'm always up for a little competition!" ... then we left a little while after that. But, here I thought I was gonna have to stand in the 'standing room only' section- and here I am taking amazing pictures, and talking to John and Josh face to face! (told ya I got lucky!)
So overall- this was an amazing day for me. It's so nice getting to see one of your mentors in person, I admire him a lot. Not only musically- but he's just genuinely a great person, too. Hope I'll get to sing with him on stage one day.. that would also be amazing Smile
Ralph

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2022 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn tahts sooo awesome!!
glad u had alot of fun!
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2022 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had fun!! Josh does seem like such a nice guy! John is the greatest isn't he???? I love talking with him!! I can't say it enough, Josh and the people that work with him are the greatest around!!! Very Happy

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
rox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you had fun!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great review !! Smile Almost feels like I was there too Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashley sounds like you had an awesome time. Smile And yep.. Josh is the best. John is running a really close second. Wink John has been just great to us fans on the board. What a guy.

http://www.freewebs.com/fanofjoshgracin/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
neighborfan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an awesome concert!!! Sounds like Josh and John had as much fun as their fans did!! It's great when artists really love what they do, and do it for the fans!! I wondered if Josh would ever play the guitar in a concert � we know he can, he just doesn't with the whole band. I'd LOVE to watch him play and sing!!! You are very lucky!!!
Thanks for sharing your evening with us Laughing
PippinSkywalker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so awesome!! Thanks for sharing your review!!! Very Happy
tenmoneys

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand! How come everyone is so calm when they meet Josh!? I'd probably pass out or something.

Click the JOSH banner on my site, thanks! - http://www.geocities.com/gracinpromo
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2022 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenmoneys wrote:
I don't understand! How come everyone is so calm when they meet Josh!? I'd probably pass out or something.

LOL. Laughing

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
miss731

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2022 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tenmoneys wrote:

Same here!! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys! Very Happy

Yes, I had a blast- it was SO fun!! And to answer your question... yes, it was VERY hard remaining so calm when I met him- but actually... by the time the show was over, and we got to get our autographs- you kinda felt like you already knew him! He is so down to earth... and just like you or I. You can tell he appreciates every second that he's on stage, and is thankful for each and every one of his fans- and he always goes out of his way to show that. I'm tellin ya... in the beginning of the show since I was so close...I was kind of intimidated!! I was thinking... wow... there's one of my favorite people on stage right now- and I'm only about 10ft away from him!! But seriously.. I have never laughed so hard at a concert in all my life!! So, by the end of the show- yo felt like he was one of your old friends or something.
As soon as I get my pictures developed, I'll post some. I know they're gonna be amazing cause I had a zoom camera, and I was VERY close. I can't wait to get em back!!
neighborfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2022 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad you had a great time at the concert Ashley! He's making more fans every day, eh??!!! And he IS just like the "guy next door." Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: