#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
Cold and Flu season
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 1:16 am    Post subject: Cold and Flu season Reply with quote

Okay I love the Holidays, but I always seem to get sick around them. Last year for Thanksgiving I was so sick for a week that I didn't get any turkey. Crying or Very sad Right now I have a severe cold!! I hope it goes away by Thursday!! I've been taking nyquil and all that fun stuff!!
It seems like whenever anything goes around I get it!! (That's what I get for having my condition of low platelets I guess!!)
Anyway, with being sick---it made me think back to all the things I use to do/still do when I'm sick. Like cuddling up in a blanket, being waited on...hehe, eating chicken soup, getting to sleep as long as I want---hmm, who says being sick is all that bad, this is the only time I get time off with being a stay at home mom/housewife---LOL. Laughing
Anyways, when you all get sick do your loved ones do anything special for you????

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2

Happy Holidays to all my Forum Friends!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
southerngirl07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually get sick in jan-feb, and sometimes in the fall. when i was in 8th grade, i was so sick the day of my Christmas choir concert, i missed it. now, in 10th grade, my choir teacher is always telling us "you've gotta take care of yourselves, folks." by the way, i'm prety sure that i'll be sick when i get home from d.c. and our concer is (dun dun dun) 2 days AFTER i get back. hope you get better, becky.

my brother is now 21 as of 12-13 04!!!!!!!!!
neighborfan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Becky! Hope you get better soon! No fun being sick, even tho you joke about it! I'll say a prayer or two that you're on your feet slaving away in the kitchen by Thursday, K? Laughing
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
i usually get sick in jan-feb, and sometimes in the fall. when i was in 8th grade, i was so sick the day of my Christmas choir concert, i missed it. now, in 10th grade, my choir teacher is always telling us "you've gotta take care of yourselves, folks." by the way, i'm prety sure that i'll be sick when i get home from d.c. and our concer is (dun dun dun) 2 days AFTER i get back. hope you get better, becky.

well I hope you don't get sick!!! And thanks---if I can just get rid of this terrible cough and fever I think I'll be fine!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neighborfan wrote:
Oh, Becky! Hope you get better soon! No fun being sick, even tho you joke about it! I'll say a prayer or two that you're on your feet slaving away in the kitchen by Thursday, K? Laughing

Oh thanks so much Susan!!! I do hate being sick---I tease about not having to do housework, etc but then it piles up and it's more for me to do when I'm better. The good thing is I won't be the one slaving away in the kitchen no matter what on Thursday---my mother in law will be...LOL. We are doing dinner with them. (I said I'd make home made banana bread though--but that's all I've got to make.) Very Happy

southerngirl07

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:

well I hope you don't get sick!!! And thanks---if I can just get rid of this terrible cough and fever I think I'll be fine!

thanks. i'll try not to. get better. it sounds like it'd suck being sick on thanksgiving.

my brother is now 21 as of 12-13 04!!!!!!!!!
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:

thanks. i'll try not to. get better. it sounds like it'd suck being sick on thanksgiving.

Last year was really bad---I was sick for over a week and didn't eat anything!!! I slept right through Thanksgiving last year!! I don't think it'll be that bad this year (keeping my fingers crossed)...I'm taking all kinds of cold medicine and it helps some, so hopefully by Thursday I'll be fine!!

rox

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get better soon Becky! I think I'm getting sick right now too! Right before thanksgiving to. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2022 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rox wrote:
Get better soon Becky! I think I'm getting sick right now too! Right before thanksgiving to. Sad

Thanks Casey, but I hope you're not getting sick!! It really sucks being sick on the Holidays!! I think my daughter is getting it now too, she's all coughing!!!!! My poor baby!!

rox

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you and your daughter get better soon!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2022 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rox wrote:
I hope you and your daughter get better soon!

Thanks Casey!

Dana70

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Better Soon Becky!!! I remember last year just before X-mas me & my son (he was 5 then), were really sick! We had fevers & really bad colds...I felt nauseous too, but never did anything....Thank God!! My husbands work had its X-mas party & me & my son couldn't even go. He missed like 3 or 4 days of school....we were sick!!

At the time, we lived in a 2 story apt, so whenever I needed something (because I was so weak), I had to have either my daughter get it for me, or my husband....it was kind of nice being waited on hand & foot...LOL

Take Care Becky! I will say a prayer for you. Also, about your mother in law doing all of the cooking, that is what my mother in law is doing too....I just have to drive myself 6 hours to get there...

DANA
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2022 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dana, I'm doing better know---I just need to get rid of this terrible cough and the sniffles....but I'm much better!!!

Have fun at your in laws tomorrow!!! Very Happy

GracinGurl48135

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2022 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey!

I always het sick around this time. I'm just getting over a bad cold now...

Its not cool

Becky- Your last name is Nowak? lol thats so funny, My Best friend's name is Becca Nowak

whatta small world

AIM- x Auf Achse 5 or CrysOvrSpilldMLK

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2022 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GracinGurl48135 wrote:
Hey!

I always het sick around this time. I'm just getting over a bad cold now...

Its not cool

Becky- Your last name is Nowak? lol thats so funny, My Best friend's name is Becca Nowak

whatta small world

Well I'm getting over a bad cold too, so I now how you feel.

Yes my last name is Nowak (well it's my married name---my maiden name is McKiddy.) That's cute that I pretty much have the same name as your best friend then. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: