#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
Anyone else here like rodeos or participate in them?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrel_Racin_Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 2:23 am    Post subject: Anyone else here like rodeos or participate in them? Reply with quote

Just wanted to see if any yall do.

I barrel race and do all speed events in them when they have more than barrels. I also have friends that bullride and bronc ride and rope. I like to watch mutton bustin..those kids are just so cute. Laughing

Lost a good friend in bullriding, so i don't watch it as much anymore..i get scared everytime a rider gets hurt...

But i've also ridden a bull before, not a huge one, but it was scary enough, screamed the whole way and rode the full 5 seconds that i managed to stay on..XD too bad it wasn't 3 more, but up there its all slow motion... Shocked

Heather

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being in AZ where we actually have a Rodeo Weekend in Feb that schools let out for and we even have a Rodeo parade---well you'd think I'm into it, but I'm not. I have never even been to a Rodeo!! I love horses and all but just don't go.

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2

Happy Holidays to all my Forum Friends!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would like to go to one
seems like alot of FUN!

Some people think im obsessed but its just love <3
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:
i would like to go to one
seems like alot of FUN!

Need to come to AZ toward the end of Feb, we do a whole bunch of rodeo stuff then!!! (parade and all.)

Oh and Heather---I'm so sorry to hear about your friend!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think ill fit in!

Barrel_Racin_Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...

I graduated with him, he passed that December. He was a great guy. National Champion Junior rodeo. He is sorely missed. HTey have a fund that is used to help kids who want to rodeo but can't afford safety equipment...it helps pay for the things like flak vests, masks, helmets..things like that.

Ralph,

My brother is big into rap, but he also likes rodeos..he shows up to them in baggy jeans, a wife beater tank top and a rapper label baseball jersey...LOL Its not about fitting in, its about HAVING FUN! You don't have to wear a cowboy hat or boots to belong!

Example: Razz

Thats my 17 year old bro..enlisting.....tomorrow for deployment next summer...Marines....He WANTS to go to Iraq...or stay and bullride, well after Adam passed, he is following in my family footsteps.....military.
Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
neighborfan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great posts, Heather. I watched some rodeo last weekend on TV and had to turn it � it just looks so dangerous. I held my breath every time one of those young men hit the ground near the bull.
I went to a couple rodeos years ago at Camp Pendleton, and at the Del Mar Fair. It IS lots of fun � especially the young'uns riding calves! That's so cute! (and not so scary) My FAVORITE part is the beginning when someone rides around the arena with a huge flag while everybody sings the national anthemn . . . goosebumps!
Dreamnmist

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Heather...
I have never been to a rodeo but have wanted to check it out ever since I saw the movie "Pure Country". Maybe one day .. I hope.
Great pics of your brother too. I think I would enjoy the barrel racing but not sure I would like the bull riding for the same reason you don't watch it as much. I would be afraid of someone getting hurt.

http://www.freewebs.com/fanofjoshgracin/
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrel_Racin_Michigan wrote:
Thank you...

I graduated with him, he passed that December. He was a great guy. National Champion Junior rodeo. He is sorely missed. HTey have a fund that is used to help kids who want to rodeo but can't afford safety equipment...it helps pay for the things like flak vests, masks, helmets..things like that.

Thats my 17 year old bro..enlisting.....tomorrow for deployment next summer...Marines....He WANTS to go to Iraq...or stay and bullride, well after Adam passed, he is following in my family footsteps.....military.
Very Happy

Well that's cool that they started a fund in his honor. Heather, Have you ever been to AZ for the rodeo?? It's such a big thing here.

Oh and wish your brother luck and give him our support for joining the Marines!!

Ralph

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive ridden a horse once in my life
ive ridden a bull once too
but it was a mechanical bulL! Very Happy

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ralph wrote:

ive ridden a bull once too
but it was a mechanical bulL! Very Happy

LOL, Ralph!! Laughing

Barrel_Racin_Michigan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2022 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will do that! I am sure that he needs all the support he can get, lots of people trying to talk him out of it, namely my stepmother, no one in her family is or has been in ths service...

No I haven't been to AZ, well if you count stepping over the border at the Hoover Dam..LOL. I'd like to go there, I did hear it is a pretty big thing there...My friends father lives near the Dam on the AZ side. I think Nevada was pretty, but everyone says AZ is really nice too... Smile

I like the calf riding too, mutton busting is the same thing but with Sheep, the little kids ride em and try to stay on..so cute. LOL Sometimes the sheep just stands there and the kid is like...aww.. then it takes off, and the kid just hangs on for dear life....its cute to see the 3 year olds do it...they are just like AHHHHH and giggling.. Very Happy

Chute dogging, i tried that. They let out a steer..meduim sized and you have to grab the tail and your partner the horns and you have to wrench it over onto the ground to get the fastest time. I was hanging on it and was like..>GRRR and it stood there, stopped and i was hanging on , my friend Adam was like..twist.. I said.. I AM! I finally got tossed a bit and the steer took off..LOL we didn't win but got mentioned for our determination...

Heather

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heather,

Yea I've been to Hoover Dam too--I like Vegas!! You should try to come to AZ some Feb---they really do alot for rodeo here.

Very Happy

Barrel_Racin_Michigan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yea I've been to Hoover Dam too--I like Vegas!! You should try to come to AZ some Feb---they really do alot for rodeo here

That would be cool to go to AZ for the rodeos!!...might have to save up my money and go there. mIght be nice to take my horse on a long road trip down there. My dream is to ravel to other states for rodeo.. Here in my county I am the onyl one that rides an arab in speed and rodeo..and nothing else.. Laughing

Heather

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2022 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrel_Racin_Michigan wrote:
Quote:
Yea I've been to Hoover Dam too--I like Vegas!! You should try to come to AZ some Feb---they really do alot for rodeo here

That would be cool to go to AZ for the rodeos!!...might have to save up my money and go there. mIght be nice to take my horse on a long road trip down there. My dream is to ravel to other states for rodeo.. Here in my county I am the onyl one that rides an arab in speed and rodeo..and nothing else.. Laughing

Heather

Well if you ever come this way, you'll have to look me up!! That would be cool if you could travel like that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: