#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 3:28 am    Post subject: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

Well Holly started a topic of fave holiday song---I was curious to your favorite memories/tradition of the holidays.

I remember as a child when I lived in Toledo, my Grandpa would take a night and drive me around looking at Christmas lights--it was especially pretty downtown. My Grandpa would also take me to Children's Wonderland every year too---I always loved that. I also remember the holidays being where you saw all the family again.

As an adult my favorite moments now are watching Ashley open her presents and taking her to see the lights--it's so nice to be able to start traditions with her now!!

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
GracinLover69

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aww those are sooo sweet!
cant think of any right now though ;P
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GracinLover69 wrote:
aww those are sooo sweet!
cant think of any right now though ;P

Well when you do, let us know!! Will be here patiently waiting....LOL

[email protected]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
miss731

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
Well Holly started a topic of fave holiday song---I was curious to your favorite memories/tradition of the holidays.

I remember as a child when I lived in Toledo, my Grandpa would take a night and drive me around looking at Christmas lights--it was especially pretty downtown. My Grandpa would also take me to Children's Wonderland every year too---I always loved that. I also remember the holidays being where you saw all the family again.

As an adult my favorite moments now are watching Ashley open her presents and taking her to see the lights--it's so nice to be able to start traditions with her now!!

I love Childrens Wonderland,even though I haven't been there in a few years,they took out some of the older stuff and put in a train that the kids could ride on !! Smile When I was younger I always had to go see the little raccoon family in their house and how the one raccoon kept popping out of the shower (hopefully,you remember this too otherwise I sound crazy Laughing) We also drive around every Christmas Eve after dinner and look at all the lights Smile

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, decorating the tree while drinking egg nog and walking around the neighborhood looking at peoples decorations.
I like Christmas Tree Lane in Clovis, CA. All these big houses are elaborately decorated and they have Christmas music playing.

Click the JOSH banner on my site, thanks! - http://www.geocities.com/gracinpromo
GracinGurl48135

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2022 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm I love everything we do at Thanksgiving!

I personally hate Turkey/Cranberries/yams/green beans ect. I do eat the potatos/rolls though.. lol

Anyways-- Everymorning My dad and my brother and sisters and I all get up early and go to the park and have a little hike through the woods... My mom stays home and cooks/clean/has time to herself... We leave a couple hours later and go up to Duncan Donuts. We go to my grandmas and say Hi to her. We eventually go home. The house always smells wonderful and everything looks great... We watch to parades on TV and just "chill"

At like 3:00 everyone comes over and (wth a huge table) we all eat. My family is so big, its hillarious. My grandma always makes the best deserts. We hang out and all settle down eventually. I have a great time. I'm getting so excited thinking about it...

AIM- x Auf Achse 5 or CrysOvrSpilldMLK

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 4:01 am    Post subject: Re: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

miss731 wrote:

I love Childrens Wonderland,even though I haven't been there in a few years,they took out some of the older stuff and put in a train that the kids could ride on !! Smile When I was younger I always had to go see the little raccoon family in their house and how the one raccoon kept popping out of the shower (hopefully,you remember this too otherwise I sound crazy Laughing) Smile

I know exactly what you are talking about---I remember those raccoons!!! I haven't been there for a long time too---went once as an early adult back in like 92 or something! I remember the puppet that 'talked' to you and making the 'wax' statues! I use to love that place so much!
One winter I want to go back there and take Ashley to see it.

[email protected]
GracinLover69

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

christmas is my fav holiday!!
and today was my favorite day!!
i spent time with so many kids!
i love kids soo much!!
i think i wanna be a teacher now Very Happy
Holly

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well....

Me and my family usually go out to eat that night at this mexican restaurant, do some last minute shopping, then later that night go out looking at Christmas lights while listening to Christmas music. I love it.

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holly wrote:
Well....

Me and my family usually go out to eat that night at this mexican restaurant, do some last minute shopping, then later that night go out looking at Christmas lights while listening to Christmas music. I love it.

Yea I love the Christmas lights!! That's one of the best things about Christmas I think is seeing all the lights! Our zoo does a light thing and we have a community that goes all out----that's about it though---but I make sure to hit both of those places since Tucson isn't much on the Christmas thing compared to other cities.

[email protected]
miss731

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
miss731 wrote:

I love Childrens Wonderland,even though I haven't been there in a few years,they took out some of the older stuff and put in a train that the kids could ride on !! Smile When I was younger I always had to go see the little raccoon family in their house and how the one raccoon kept popping out of the shower (hopefully,you remember this too otherwise I sound crazy Laughing) Smile

I remember the puppet that 'talked' to you

Yeah ,he was red and furry and sat on a bike !! He scared me when I was little Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

miss731 wrote:
dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
miss731 wrote:

Yeah ,he was red and furry and sat on a bike !! He scared me when I was little Laughing

Yep, that's the one!!! LOL...I think the first time I saw him he freaked me out cause he knew what I was wearing and everything...thought that was kind of freaky as a kid...LOL Laughing

[email protected]
miss731

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 10:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Fave Holiday Memory/Tradition Reply with quote

dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
miss731 wrote:
dolphinmirage1973 wrote:
miss731 wrote:

Yep, that's the one!!! LOL...I think the first time I saw him he freaked me out cause he knew what I was wearing and everything...thought that was kind of freaky as a kid...LOL Laughing

LOL !! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2022 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Missy, back in like the 90s...didn't Southwyke Mall have something like the puppet---but it was a Christmas gift box that talked to you or something?? I remember being somewhere and walking by this Christmas gift and it just started yelling at you and talking to you---it was with a little Christmas scene. I just can't remember if that was in Ohio or TN.

[email protected]
GracinGurl48135

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2022 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolphinmirage1973 wrote:

Yea I love the Christmas lights!! That's one of the best things about Christmas I think is seeing all the lights! Our zoo does a light thing and we have a community that goes all out----that's about it though---but I make sure to hit both of those places since Tucson isn't much on the Christmas thing compared to other cities.

A place in Westland called Hines Park has a "Festival fo Lights" every year. Its really cool. You drive through the park and they have these huge Christmas light displays. Its really cool. When I was little, we'd go on my sister and mines birthday. But recently it seems like we've only gone if we have time...

AIM- x Auf Achse 5 or CrysOvrSpilldMLK

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: