#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
Reintroducing myself

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
a_proud_military_wife

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reintroducing myself Reply with quote

I'm Karen. I first became a member of this site back in June I believe. So much has happened between now and then and I haven't had a chance to get back on here until now. The last time I was on here was the end of July.

I am a military wife of an active duty soldier who is currently serving in Iraq. I miss him like crazy and we just had our 3rd anniversary yesterday. He has been gone for over 7 months. There is a lot going on with me right now. Anyway, its great to be back!

I have been a Josh fan since His appearance on AI2. He is an inspiration and I love his music! Its so awesome to be back! Everyone here is great! Thanks for being here everyone!!

Karen

Proud Army wife!

God Bless America and God Bless our Troops!

Please visit my website dedication i have for my husband and sign the guestbook Thanks!
neighborfan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back, Karen! My thoughts and prayers are with your hubby for a safe return! This is a great place to spend time with fun people. If you haven't already, check out the Music Discussion / Musicians for a peak into Josh's life via one of his band members, Bassman! It's fun!!
Dreamnmist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen.. first off.. Welcome back we are glad dropped by and please.. come back soon and often. Smile

Second.. thanks.. I can only imagine how hard it is to have your hubby gone for so long and so early in your marriage. So thank you for the love and support you give him that gives him the strenght and the freedom to do what is doing for us. Wink I have a friend myself over there right now so I know how much it stays on your mind. If you every need so great friendly people to just chat with.. you have found them. We are alittle nutty at times around here but always fun and will put a smile on your face. ::whispering... Especially Ralph:: Sooo ENJOY!!! Very Happy

http://www.freewebs.com/fanofjoshgracin/
Forum group hug
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Karen. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your hubby. This is a great board filled with wonderful people, so if you ever want to talk--we are here!

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
a_proud_military_wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for so many welcome backs and encouragement!! I wasn't sure if I would feel part of the group again after being gone so long, but thanks to all of you I do! Also, your prayers, thoughts, and gratitude mean so very very much! I can't say it enough, thank you!! Very Happy

A bit more about me: I am 23, will be 24 in December. I have been married since 2 months before my 21st birthday. My husband is an active duty soldier in the Army, and he just reenlisted for 4 years. He has been in almost 4 years. We get to see each other next month for two weeks, which will be spent in the Carolina's and Georgia. 2 weeks seems like a lot to me, I guess probably because by that time it will have been almost 9 months since we have seen each other. After our time together, he has to go back to iraq until sometime in March. He's also suppose to get deployed again within 6 months of coming home from this one. It gets crazy at times and so tough. But I love him so much and support what he does for all of us a million percent! We have a wonderful marriage and our time together is always precious. He's lost 1 of his best buddies over there already and 1 got medically discharged from the military because of an injury that occured over there. My nephew just turned 20 in august and was over there until just recently, and is probably going to get medically discharged as well because of a serious injury. Please keep them all in your prayers........

Sorry for going on a tangent, it's just been tough here lately. Thanks for listening. As for me, I write poetry and am hoping to maybe go back to college next fall and finish my journalism degree unless we have a baby first, which we are actually hoping for! Smile I like dancing, reading, listening to music, being with my niece and nephews, swimming, taking pictures, being outdoors amongst other things. Its so great to be back here! Thanks to everyone again for making me feel so welcome!

Lots and Lots Of Hugs all around!!!!
Karen

Proud Army wife!

Please visit my website dedication i have for my husband and sign the guestbook Thanks!
Dreamnmist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Karen, Where are you located right now? Thanks for sharing with us .. its nice to get to know you. We will without a doubt keep them all in our thoughts and prayers. Smile Good Luck on the baby thing. Wink

http://www.freewebs.com/fanofjoshgracin/
Forum group hug
a_proud_military_wife

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robin for the good luck on the baby! LOl, It has gotten to the point where my husband wiill take me through the baby section of a store and be like, isnt this cute Hun, or wouldnt that be adorable if we had a little boy? LOL I can see whos going to be the sucker ! LOL I love it though, he is going to be a great dad!

Right at the moment I am located in Iowa, I decided to come back for the duration of his deployment because I most of my family is up here, and I will never do it again! LOL, at least not for an entire year! We were stationed in Ft Hood, Texas for two years prior to his deployment, and I will be going back to texas the beginning of March! I can't wait! lol. Steve already has orders though to go to Ft Gordon Georgia in June, so we will be moving again in June and are supposed to be stationed there for 2 years. Like I said earlier though, he's supposed to get deployed again within 6 months of him coming home. Either way starting of June of '05 my permanent place of residence for at least 2 yrs will be Georgia. Smile

I am glad to share with you, its wonderful getting to know everyone here too! And thanks again Very Happy

Hugs always!
Karen

Proud Army wife!

miss731

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Karen !! Smile Stop back here and chat anytime, we'd love to hear from ya !! Smile
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karen,

Well have fun your 2 weeks together with your hubby! And I second Robin on wishing you luck on the baby!

Anytime you want to chat, we are all here to listen...so chat away...LOL.

Again welcome back to the forums!

[email protected]
rox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2023 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to have you back Karen! Congrats on the baby! Your husband will be in my prayers!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2023 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again everyone for welcoming me back and allowing me to chat whenever! Razz Again its wonderful to be back! I'm not pregnant yet, we are hoping sometime in the next 18 months! Everyone keeps saying by the end of November I will be because of our two weeks together! LOL....I will definitely keep all of you updated on that and everything else! Very Happy

Hugs to everyone!
Karen

Proud Army wife!

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2023 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_proud_military_wife wrote:
Thanks again everyone for welcoming me back and allowing me to chat whenever! Razz Again its wonderful to be back! I'm not pregnant yet, we are hoping sometime in the next 18 months! Everyone keeps saying by the end of November I will be because of our two weeks together! LOL....I will definitely keep all of you updated on that and everything else! Very Happy

Hugs to everyone!
Karen

We would love to be updated on things! And who knows maybe everyone is right with the end of Nov thing. LOL.
Have fun!

[email protected]
a_proud_military_wife

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2023 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy LOL...One just never knows Becky! Maybe everyone is right! Things could get a bit more interesting around here if that happens! LOL.... Wink

Hugs,
Karen

Proud Army wife!

dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2023 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a_proud_military_wife wrote:
Very Happy LOL...One just never knows Becky! Maybe everyone is right! Things could get a bit more interesting around here if that happens! LOL.... Wink

Hugs,
Karen

LOL, Karen. I bet it could!! Laughing But interesting is always good!

[email protected]
marinesrule

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2022 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i pray too b/c my cousin is over there fighting too and i miss him also
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: