#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
OMGosh! Can ya'll beilive this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Country01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy wrote:
The post nor the first response offended me, probably because I agreed 100%. I'm a non-Christian country music fan and as I stated in a thread about Joe Nichols in the Other Music forum, his latest single does turn me off. It's actually a really great song until it hits the third verse (in my opinion). I'm not going to get into it with anyone here, but I'm just going to say that I don't find anything wrong with what those people said, and there are non-Christians who enjoy country music.

That said, I understand that country music does often come along with many religiously themed songs, and if you're going to openly listen to this genre of music, you have to learn to tolerate it or simply change the station if you hear a song you don't necessarily agree with. I can listen to a song like Josh Turner's "Long Black Train" and even sing along and enjoy it, so I'm not going to complain about those kinds of songs at all. But I do believe Nichols' song makes some bold, somewhat false political statements that he doesn't seem to be very educated on.

But anyway...that's just my $.02. You are amongst different faiths (or non-faiths, in my case) even on this forum. Smile

I like Joe's new song, but I do see why people are against it. He does make bold statemaents, but I like it cuz I agree with them. Cindy, I like how u stated everything in your response. The thing that ticked me off was not that they disagreed, it's how they stated everything.

-Caitlin

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
southerngirl07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2023 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just wanna say that i just got to read the other page. it was quite disturbing. or, at least, for me it was. i didn't post anything, b/c i have a ton of homework to get done, but i did sent the page to 2 friends of mine. caitlin, i agree with eerything you said. i'm a born-again Christian, and, yes, i get into these types of conversations every so often at school. cindy, i'll be praying that you and all the other non-believers out there find God- the one true God.(my opinion.) as for the rest of you- we all have our own opinions, and i really encourage you to post your opinions on this forum or the other one. and if any one wants to email me, go ahead. if you say some thing that i'm not sure how to respond to, i'll ask a couple of my friends, and/or forward your message to them sayig i'm not sure what to say. but i'll try my best. send me a pm or email if you hae any thing to say. or just post here. i'll be checking back.

OOH-RAH!!!!
Country01

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2023 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
i just wanna say that i just got to read the other page. it was quite disturbing. or, at least, for me it was. i didn't post anything, b/c i have a ton of homework to get done, but i did sent the page to 2 friends of mine. caitlin, i agree with eerything you said. i'm a born-again Christian, and, yes, i get into these types of conversations every so often at school. cindy, i'll be praying that you and all the other non-believers out there find God- the one true God.(my opinion.) as for the rest of you- we all have our own opinions, and i really encourage you to post your opinions on this forum or the other one. and if any one wants to email me, go ahead. if you say some thing that i'm not sure how to respond to, i'll ask a couple of my friends, and/or forward your message to them sayig i'm not sure what to say. but i'll try my best. send me a pm or email if you hae any thing to say. or just post here. i'll be checking back.

Thanks so much. It hurts me to see more and more non-christians. I almost cried when I saw this topic. You think, he does so much for us and we just turn around and this is what he gets in return!

-Caitlin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Cindy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2023 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
cindy, i'll be praying that you and all the other non-believers out there find God- the one true God.(my opinion.) as for the rest of you- we all have our own opinions, and i really encourage you to post your opinions on this forum or the other one.

I know you probably mean well, but saying you'll pray for me is actually quite insulting. There's nothing at all wrong with my views and nothing bad will happen to me because I hold them. I'm also a bit confused -- you only think Christians should post their opinions? Perhaps I just misunderstood you. Smile
southerngirl07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cindy wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:
cindy, i'll be praying that you and all the other non-believers out there find God- the one true God.(my opinion.) as for the rest of you- we all have our own opinions, and i really encourage you to post your opinions on this forum or the other one.

I know you probably mean well, but saying you'll pray for me is actually quite insulting. There's nothing at all wrong with my views and nothing bad will happen to me because I hold them. I'm also a bit confused -- you only think Christians should post their opinions? Perhaps I just misunderstood you. Smile

i do think you misunderstood- i think every one should post there opinions if they want. and if you don't want me to pray for you, then i guess i won't.

OOH-RAH!!!!
southerngirl07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2023 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i retract my previous statement, cindy. after a lot of thinking, praying, and getting advice from a friend, i will continue to pray for not only you, but all of the unsaved people in this world. and i know there are millions. and caitlin, i've been praying that you stay strong in your faith, and don't let anybody in this world bring you down, no matter how much they try. if anybody has a problem with my beliefs, then let me know, but i'm gonna go ahead and tel you that it won't get me down. that's all i have to say, unless somebody says something about it.

OOH-RAH!!!!
GracinGurl48135

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2023 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
i retract my previous statement, cindy. after a lot of thinking, praying, and getting advice from a friend, i will continue to pray for not only you, but all of the unsaved people in this world. and i know there are millions. and caitlin, i've been praying that you stay strong in your faith, and don't let anybody in this world bring you down, no matter how much they try. if anybody has a problem with my beliefs, then let me know, but i'm gonna go ahead and tel you that it won't get me down. that's all i have to say, unless somebody says something about it.

I think thats great. That shows that you're stong in your beliefs, no one should try and stop you! I pray for all of the unsaved people at night, and just think-if all the Christians did- what would happen! Smile

Rockin' with my HardxCore Republicans....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
southerngirl07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2023 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GracinGurl48135 wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:

I think thats great. That shows that you're stong in your beliefs, no one should try and stop you! I pray for all of the unsaved people at night, and just think-if all the Christians did- what would happen! Smile

thanks. it gets hard in this world these days to be a Christian, because everybody's always against Christiaity, and says that every one should have the same rights.like with the gay marriage thing. don't get me started. by the way, i see you're for Bush. he's gonna win it again this year. GOD won't let john kerry win it. this country still needs Pres. Bush, with the war and everything going on. kerry would rather let FRANCE choose when the US needs to be defended, and Bush knew the country needed to be defended. i believe kerry's about stupid. but that's my opinion, and i'm entitled to i last i knew.

OOH-RAH!!!!
Country01

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2023 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GracinGurl48135 wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:

DITTO!
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2023 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07 wrote:
GracinGurl48135 wrote:
southerngirl07 wrote:

thanks. it gets hard in this world these days to be a Christian, because everybody's always against Christiaity, and says that every one should have the same rights.like with the gay marriage thing. don't get me started.

I haven't read the other forum to see what started this whole discussion, but I wanted to put my 2 cents into this. I think it is great that you all have strong believes in being Christians, and you all do have a right to your opionions--thanks to the great soldiers who fight to keep this country free!
The thing that gets me though is the statement: "I pray for all the unsaved people at night". Maybe I'm reading into this wrong--but just because you are not a Christian, it does not mean you don't believe and need to be saved. I was raised Catholic but do not practice anymore...I am spiritual---I don't attend any religious service, but still believe in God and talk to him in my own way.
Who am I to say which religion is right or wrong---so I chose not to choose a particular religion and just follow some simple golden rules in life---to be caring, kind, compassionate, understanding, respectful, and be the best I can be to be a good person.
I believe God accepts me for who I am, mistakes, faults and all--he after all is a kind God, right?!?!
So just because I am not Christian I don't need to be 'saved'. If I'm reading into that wrong I apolize...I don't want to start anything here but felt that others (non-Christians) may feel offended by that statement too.
I do respect your opionion and do seriously find it wonderful to have people who do have such strong believes, but that doesn't mean the rest of us need saved or mean that we are less better. I believe everyone on this board to be kind and friendly and if they are Christian or not, I'm so glad to have the opportunity to get to know all of you!

P.S. What's with the gay marriage thing??? If you believe it's right or not --they are still people with feelings; I'm not for it or against it ~~ I could really care less about it~~but I'd rather see people love than hate!

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: