#
Main FAQ Search Member List User Groups Profile Log in to check your private messages
Login Register
JOSHGRACIN.COM - The Official Message Board
In Memory 9-11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dianeemt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: In Memory 9-11 Reply with quote

Hi Everyone..I just wanted to take a moment to remember those who lost their lives on one of our Nations darkest days..On one of my other boards we are placing a lighted candle gif in our posts and I wanted to do that here as well..If any of you would like to use the gif, please feel free to do so..I`ve also got a flag flying at half mast.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cindy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2023 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southerngirl07

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2023 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll just say that i was on my way to science when the first plane hit. a friend of mine almost lost her aunt that day. she was in the rubble for 3 days, and her husband eventually found her. sadly, though, he died from the fumes and smoke he inhaled. Crying or Very sad megan has told the story many times, and everytime you hear the story, it feels like you're right there.

OOH-RAH!!!!
dolphinmirage1973

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2023 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always remember 9/11, and will always be proud to be an American and will not allow terrorist to run my life!

On 9/11 I was in Ohio but the weekend before I was in New York! We had went to Nigara Falls (Buffalo/Canada). We had wanted to go to New York City to see the Twin Towers and Statue of Liberty--you see we knew we were coming back to Arizona and knew it might be the only chance we'd get----but after thinking about it, we figured it'd be better to get back and pack some more. If we would of went it would of put us in New York City the day of 9/11. We got back in Ohio like the day before and on 9/11 our phone was ringing alot to make sure we were back from New York!
We drove from Ohio to Arizona the weekend after it all happened and it was really wierd not seeing any planes in the air. The freeways were full of trucks, and there were people on the overpasses waiving the American Flag.
My daughter was not yet even 2 when it happened but it will always be something that happened during her life and something that I will talk to her about once she's older.
To those who lost friends and loved ones on that day---my heart goes to you!
~ Becky

~A fan of Josh's since his audition for AI2
[email protected]
http://groups.msn.com/joshgracinfan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
keturahhro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2023 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thank goodness that my bro QUIT navy ROTC on 10 sept 2001. a DAY before 9.11. but we almost went up a day later so his meeting w/ the navy would of been on 9.11 or after. i had tonisallitis and was sick and was going to stay an extra day at home befor school and dropping my bro off, but luckly i felt better to leave on the date we were going to leave on if i was sick. and i also am thankful b/c my gma moved from fla were the floods and rain were in the begining of Aug.
WHERE I WAS ON 9.11:
i was getting a tour of my bio classroom when the headmaster came in to tell a kid that hes parents were fine<hes from nyc>, so im like to my teacher what is he talking about. my teacher is like youll find out later during a meeting. OMG i was dumbfound. also i dont think i had as strong of a reaction as if i were back home in NJ, then it would really hit home!<i was in MA at the time>. so after school i flip on MTV, even they had info. it was like every channel was nsync w/ each other!
IMPO: i like farinhit 9.11-i was glad they didnt show the towers just the audio clips of the fallings, b/c honestly im sick of thoise pic, what do they do? nothing they dont bring back the ppl who died! and instead of iraq bush should have focaused more time on the ppl who attacked us. IMO: bush thought "the US ppl wont know the diff between Iraq and afganistan, plus i need to finish my dad<dy>s job" and kerry isnt a "flip-flopper" he was "brainwashed"/mislead by bush on the war. and most ppl are the smae way now. and ill leave you w/ a quote from jay leno: "you warn NYC of an al-quida attact and raise the level to high and no one moves, you tell them the republicans are coming they get the hell out!"
Landrum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2023 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I woke up on 9/11 just in time to watch the second plane hit... At first I thought it was some new TV show or something, but then I saw all the "Breaking News" things all over the screen. All day we were begging our teachers to turn on the TVs so we could see what was happening. I didn't find out about the pentagon until I got home. That was the turning point in my life goals... they went from "become a famous movie star" to "Join the Marine Corps and serve my country the best I could"

In terms of Iraq(I don't see how that's got anything to do with honoring those lost on 9/11, but whatever), we now have reason for staying there. The militant leader swore his allegiance to bin Laden and al qaeda, so why should we pull out if we're fighting terrorists?
rox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2022 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will always remember 9/11! I remember waking up that morning and the first thing I heard was the tv talking about it in my parent's bedroom.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JOSHGRACIN.COM Forum Index -> I Want to Live All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: